1. History Minute - Oklahoma City Bombing
2. Title Page: Science and Technology
3. Introduction: Inventions on a deserted island
4. Discussion question: What are, in your opinion, the 3 main reasons inventions are created?
5. Video: 10 Canadian Inventions
While watching the video, take notes on key inventions, inventors and dates.
In your opinion, which one is most significant to your personal history? To Canadian history? To global history? Why?
6. The Economics of Invention
7. YoutubeFunnyIntro Cornell Note: Introduction
8. 1920's-30's: Video from 0:00 - 17:27
9. Introduction to Chris Hadfield
Article: Chris Hadfield and the Space Race
10. To answer the questions that follow, please consider your note on these three items:
a) Economic Cycle - Growth, Boom, Recession, Depression
b) Canada during the Great Depression
c) Chris Hadfield and Canadian involvement in the Space Race and high technology.
Questions to Answer:
Part 1: Name 10 similarities (economic) discussed in the Depression video and the Chris Hadfield article.
Part 2:. Name and explain FIVE ways that the Great Depression led to new inventions.
Part 3: Name and explain FIVE ways that the Space Race has led to new inventions.