1. History Minute of the Day - The Times They Are A Changin', released 1964 Bob Dylan.
1b (HM for Day 7) Costa Concordia Towed to salvage yard.
2. Title Page: Science and Technology
3. Introduction: Inventions on a deserted island
4. Discussion question: What are, in your opinion, the 3 main reasons inventions are created?
5. Video: 10 Canadian Inventions
While watching the video, take notes on key inventions, inventors and dates.
In your opinion, which one is most significant to your personal history? To Canadian history? To global history? Why?
6. The Economics of Invention
7. YoutubeFunnyIntro Cornell Note: Introduction
8. 1920's-30's: Video from 0:00 - 17:27
9. Introduction to Chris Hadfield
Article: Chris Hadfield and the Space Race
10. What similarities are being discussed in both the video and article in terms of economics? How has the space race AND the depression of the 1920's and 30's both led to new inventions?